In the short term, we believe the market is facing more threats than opportunities. First, negative news from US – China negotiations may put pressure on global stock indices (especially S&P500, DJ, and Nasdaq) given those indices rallied strongly in the first four months of 2019. Second, Vietnam macro indicators have been weakening in recent months. These factors may directly and indirectly affect the Vietnamese equity market.
- 1 Macro Analysis/Global IMF Covid-era lending flatters to deceive
- 2 Strategy Note/Global Africa digital payments: telco spin-offs to forge more listed investment options
- 3 Strategy Note/Peru Peru's problematic politics to persist after election (as expected)
- 4 Flash Report/Global SPAC listings for Grab and Traveloka show the upside for EM e-commerce
- 5 Sovereign Analysis/Ecuador Ecuador presidential election result: Third time lucky for Lasso