Electricity Generating PCL: Unexciting result; 2Q21 core profit should be better
- Huge FX loss hit bottom-line
- EGCO reported a 1Q21 net profit of Bt585m
- Revenue declined by 19% YoY and 4% QoQ
EGCO’s current stock price implies the cheapest PERs for 2021-22 among our Utilities coverage. If the firm were to announce a substantial new investment or a higher dividend payout, we would expect a stock price rally. As such, our TRADING BUY call stands.
Huge FX loss hit bottom-line
EGCO reported a 1Q21 net profit of Bt585m, a YoY turnaround but down 68% QoQ. The bottom-line was 50% short of our estimate (greater FX losses and lower equity earnings than assumed). Stripping out extra items, core earnings would be Bt2,228m, down 7% YoY but up sharply from a slim core profit for 4Q20. The core number missed our projection by 12%, due to smaller equity earnings than assumed.
- 1 Macro Analysis/Global G7 reiterates support for SDR allocation and seeks to boost its impact
- 2 Strategy Note/Global G7's 'Build Back Better World' is not an answer to China's Belt and Road
- 3 Strategy Note/Vietnam Vietnam: The best emerging market is still spoilt by foreign ownership limits
- 4 Macro Analysis/Pakistan Pakistan's FY22 Federal Budget – Serious push on growth
- 5 Strategy Note/Global Egypt's military spend is not securing the Nile in its dispute with Ethiopia
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...