- BOL led growth in 1Q21 (up YoY and QoQ)
- YGG to lead growth in 2Q21
- What’s in the prices?
Our synthetic tech ETF should resume its hot form in 2Q21. The stocks that comprise the synthetic ETF are small, but they have great potential—comparable to Leicester City, which isn’t a big soccer team, but it just won the FA Cup. BOL and YGG are the strikers, IIG the playmaker, and NETBAY the defender. We’re still waiting for HUMAN to return after an injury (expected in 2H21).
BOL led growth in 1Q21 (up YoY and QoQ)
The five firms under coverage posted aggregate 1Q21 core earnings of Bt158m, up 3% YoY but down 1% QoQ. BOL’s result was above our estimate and the 1Q21 earnings of IIG, NETBAY, and YGG were in line with our expectations. In contrast, HUMAN’s bottom-line missed our projection. BOL led core profit growth in 1Q21, up by 31% YoY and 102% QoQ. YGG was runner-up, up 60% YoY (but down 28% QoQ), followed by IIG (up 14% YoY but down 56% QoQ), and NETBAY (up 7% YoY but down 5% QoQ). HUMAN’s core profit slumped by 27% YoY and 19% QoQ.
- 1 Macro Analysis/Global G7 reiterates support for SDR allocation and seeks to boost its impact
- 2 Strategy Note/Global G7's 'Build Back Better World' is not an answer to China's Belt and Road
- 3 Strategy Note/Vietnam Vietnam: The best emerging market is still spoilt by foreign ownership limits
- 4 Strategy Note/Global Egypt's military spend is not securing the Nile in its dispute with Ethiopia
- 5 Strategy Note/India India sues Twitter
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...