Thailand (Bualuang): Residential Property - New launches rose MoM in April
- Unit launches rose in April …
- …but take-up rates slumped
- Subdued launches expected in May
The Agency for Real Estate Affairs (AREA) reported heavier MoM launches for Apr (we had assumed seasonal slippage), but the take-up rate dived. We don’t expect many launches in May, due to the new COVID-19 outbreak. Our top picks are SPALI (hefty profit growth, 2Q-4Q21, secured by its presales backlog), AP (the cheapest PER of 6.3x), and LH (the sector bellwether with a great dividend yield for 2021 of 7.0%).
Unit launches rose in April …
AREA reported launches of 3,283 units for April, up 12% MoM (beating the seasonal pattern of slippage), led by low-rise categories. But launch value was Bt9.2bn, down 13% MoM. New SDH starts totaled 786 units, up 32% MoM, led by the Bt2-5m price segment. TH starts were 1,537 units, up 19% MoM, concentrated in the Bt1-3m/unit segment (89% of TH launches). In contrast, condo starts were 960 units, down 7% MoM. Only new condos priced in the Bt1-3m range launched during April. The proportion of launches by SET-listed firms rose from 70% in Mar to 80% in Apr. Among our coverage, PSH unveiled low-range condo and TH projects, SPALI started mid-range TH and SDH developments, and SIRI launched a high-end SDH estate.
- 1 Weekend Reading/El Salvador Why Facebook and CBDC could be real winners from El Salvador’s Bitcoin embrace
- 2 Macro Analysis/Global G7 reiterates support for SDR allocation and seeks to boost its impact
- 3 Strategy Note/Vietnam Vietnam: The best emerging market is still spoilt by foreign ownership limits
- 4 Strategy Note/Global G7's 'Build Back Better World' is not an answer to China's Belt and Road
- 5 Macro Analysis/Pakistan Pakistan's FY22 Federal Budget – Serious push on growth
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...