- Apr—overall ad spend jumped YoY (down 6% MoM)
- OOH eyeball counts for Apr dropped to Jan levels
- Ad spend shifts to TV
Ad spend shot up YoY in Apr, due to the low base set by Apr 2020 (a hard lockdown). The third COVID-19 outbreak will affect overall ad spend in May, but less severely than the initial 2020 outbreak. We like TV operators—the biggest beneficiary of lockdowns. Ad spend will shift to TV. Our top picks are WORK and BEC.
Apr—overall ad spend jumped YoY (down 6% MoM)
Total ad spend was Bt8.2bn in Apr, up 33% YoY but down 6% MoM, according to Nielsen. Five media sub-categories reported YoY ad spend rises—in-store (up by 65% YoY and 18% MoM), TV (up 36% YoY but down 5% MoM), outdoor (up by 18% YoY and 7% MoM), radio (up 3% YoY but down 4% MoM). Cinema reported ad spend of Bt380m in Apr, against zero in Apr 2020 because all cinemas in Thailand were ordered shut in Apr 2020 during the hard lockdown.
- 1 Strategy Note/Global 10 best Emerging Market tech stocks in 2021 so far
- 2 Weekend Reading/Global Surf the money tsunami or drown? New index shows countries most ready for MMT
- 3 Flash Report/Asia Why the Baby Amazons that thrived in the pandemic have faltered in 2021
- 4 Strategy Note/India India sues Twitter
- 5 Strategy Note/Kenya Kenya 2022 election will be intensely competitive, not violently disruptive
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...