- Thailand’s COVID-19 inoculation to hit critical mass in June…
- …Then the re-openings of towns
- Domestic tourism first, international more challenging
June 2021 is a watershed for Thailand, as the mass COVID-19 inoculation begins this month. Consumer confidence and outdoor activities should resume once the vaccination rollout speeds up. We believe in the pent-up demand for eating-out, recreation and domestic travel. Govt stimulus measures would be re-activated, boosting consumer spending. We recommend accumulating re-opening play stocks, AU, M, CRC, AWC, CENTEL and MINT.
Thailand’s COVID-19 inoculation to hit critical mass in June…
As of May 30, 2021, Thailand has administered 3.6m doses of COVID-19 vaccines (2.5m for one-dose and 1.1m for two-doses) or 3.6% of total population for 1-dose vaccine. The vaccine rollout strategy is sensible, prioritizing high-risk areas/provinces, potential spreaders (for example, public transport workers) and tourism destinations. The country’s mass vaccination rollout will begin in June 2021 providing at least 8m people with 1-dose of COVID-19 vaccination or 12.5% of total population. The vaccination target is to jab 70% of Phuket population with 1-dose of vaccine by end-June 2021; 70% in Bangkok, Krabi and Pang-Nga by July, adding vicinities, Chonburi and Surat Thani by Aug and the remaining 66 provinces by September. In our view, nearly 50% of total population should have received 1-dose vaccine by in Sep 2021.
- 1 Macro Analysis/Kazakhstan Kazakhstan: NBK keeps base rate on hold at 9%
- 2 Macro Analysis/Russia Russia: Retail sales rise 34.7% y/y in April on base effect, aboove expectations
- 3 Strategy Note/Global Peru election: Leftist Castillo 'wins'– implications for bonds, equities, copper
- 4 Strategy Note/Vietnam The ultimate guide to Vietnam fintech
- 5 Flash Report/Global El Salvador moves to make bitcoin legal tender; other countries may follow suit
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...