Thailand’s GDP beat the low bar set by forecasters, contracting at a gentler pace of 2.6% yoy in 1Q21. Second consecutive quarter of yoy expansion in domestic demand (+1.9%) was largely driven by investment as private consumption contracted (-0.5%). Thailand’s GDP recovery has lagged ASEAN peers amid absence of tourism, ongoing Covid-19 containment, inoculation delays and limited policy space.
- 1 Macro Analysis/Global G7 reiterates support for SDR allocation and seeks to boost its impact
- 2 Strategy Note/Global G7's 'Build Back Better World' is not an answer to China's Belt and Road
- 3 Strategy Note/Vietnam Vietnam: The best emerging market is still spoilt by foreign ownership limits
- 4 Macro Analysis/Pakistan Pakistan's FY22 Federal Budget – Serious push on growth
- 5 Strategy Note/Global Egypt's military spend is not securing the Nile in its dispute with Ethiopia
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...