PTT PCL: Strong 1Q21 earnings, as expected; core profit to expand further in 2Q2
- In line with estimate
- PTT posted 1Q21 NPAT of Bt32,587m
- PTT’s 2Q21 core earnings look set to expand YoY
The expansive earnings outlook for 2Q21 and 2021, buoyed by an ongoing demand recovery and margin expansion, should prompt the market to bid up PTT’s stock price going forward. Also, potential new investments would add to long-term earnings growth. The current valuation is undemanding—a YE21 PBV of 1.2x (0.8SD below its long-term mean of 1.6x). Also, we expect a dividend yield for 2021 of 5.0% (against 2.9% for the SET). There could possibly be upside to the payout, given the company’s huge pile of cash on-hand.
In line with estimate
PTT posted 1Q21 NPAT of Bt32,587m, a YoY turnaround and up 148% QoQ. Stripping out extra items, core profit would be Bt17,826m, up by 28% YoY and 33% QoQ. The result was in line with our estimate and the consensus.
- 1 Weekend Reading/El Salvador Why Facebook and CBDC could be real winners from El Salvador’s Bitcoin embrace
- 2 Macro Analysis/Global G7 reiterates support for SDR allocation and seeks to boost its impact
- 3 Strategy Note/Vietnam Vietnam: The best emerging market is still spoilt by foreign ownership limits
- 4 Strategy Note/Global G7's 'Build Back Better World' is not an answer to China's Belt and Road
- 5 Macro Analysis/Pakistan Pakistan's FY22 Federal Budget – Serious push on growth
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...