Thai Oil PCL: Street-beating 1Q21 profit; story looks even better for 2Q21
- Above estimate
- TOP reported a 1Q21 net profit of Bt3,360m
- The lube operating rate increased to 93% from 81% in 1Q20
Expectations of 2Q21 core earnings growth and a YoY bottom-line turnaround for 2021 should prompt the market to bid up TOP’s stock price going forward. Its current valuation is undemanding—a YE21 PBV of 1.0x (1SD below its long-term mean of 1.5x). Our BUY rating stands.
TOP reported a 1Q21 net profit of Bt3,360m, a YoY turnaround but down 54% QoQ. Stripping out extra items, the core profit would be Bt1,553m, a YoY and QoQ turnaround. NPAT was 19% above our estimate (and 30% ahead of the consensus), due to lower SG&A expenses and financial costs than modeled.
- 1 Macro Analysis/Global G7 reiterates support for SDR allocation and seeks to boost its impact
- 2 Strategy Note/Global G7's 'Build Back Better World' is not an answer to China's Belt and Road
- 3 Strategy Note/Vietnam Vietnam: The best emerging market is still spoilt by foreign ownership limits
- 4 Macro Analysis/Pakistan Pakistan's FY22 Federal Budget – Serious push on growth
- 5 Strategy Note/Global Egypt's military spend is not securing the Nile in its dispute with Ethiopia
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...