Global Power Synergy PCL: Small jigsaw pieces will fit to make the big picture
- Passenger EVs driving battery demand expansion
- To succeed, a company needs a good partner …
- …and advanced technology
GPSC has two unique advantages against other firms starting EV & battery businesses in Thailand—strong automotive partnerships and advanced battery technology. When its battery story builds form, it will trigger a stock price rally. GPSC remains our top pick among EV & battery plays.
Passenger EVs driving battery demand expansion
Battery demand is rising fast, with growth across many applications, but passenger EVs are driving demand. Thailand targets making 1.43m EVs/year by 2030 (so annual battery demand of more than 40GWh). The automotive industry generates many jobs and huge economic value, so the govt should soon announce a clear policy to support that roadmap (otherwise Thailand would risk losing the regional EV leader-ship race to other countries). If that scenario plays out, firms with the right strategy and execution ability will benefit hugely from the demand.
- 1 Strategy Note/Global 10 best Emerging Market tech stocks in 2021 so far
- 2 Weekend Reading/Global Surf the money tsunami or drown? New index shows countries most ready for MMT
- 3 Flash Report/Asia Why the Baby Amazons that thrived in the pandemic have faltered in 2021
- 4 Strategy Note/India India sues Twitter
- 5 Strategy Note/Kenya Kenya 2022 election will be intensely competitive, not violently disruptive
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...