Singapore’s upward revised GDP expanded 1.3% yoy in 1Q21, placing it within reach of its pre-pandemic high in 4Q19. Manufacturing continues to be a major contributor to economic recovery, though progress in services may be stymied by return to Phase 2 restrictions. Headline inflation reaches a 7-year high, but price effects appear to be commodity-driven and transitory as core inflation remains in check.
- 1 Weekend Reading/El Salvador Why Facebook and CBDC could be real winners from El Salvador’s Bitcoin embrace
- 2 Macro Analysis/Global G7 reiterates support for SDR allocation and seeks to boost its impact
- 3 Strategy Note/Global G7's 'Build Back Better World' is not an answer to China's Belt and Road
- 4 Strategy Note/Vietnam Vietnam: The best emerging market is still spoilt by foreign ownership limits
- 5 Macro Analysis/Pakistan Pakistan's FY22 Federal Budget – Serious push on growth
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...