Sector Flash - Covered Bonds: Austria’s path to a new covered bond legislative framework
- After 16 years in which covered bonds in Austria were issued under three different legal frameworks, the long-awaited and updated single framework is close to being introduced.
- The Austrian Ministry of Finance published a draft of the new covered bond legislation. Following a consultation period and the implementation of potential changes, the new law is scheduled to come into force on 8 July 2021.
- The key changes concern new LTV limits, the introduction of a liquidity buffer and a soft-bullet structure, OC requirements and the introduction of multiple cover pools.
- However, several aspects need further clarification in the upcoming weeks, in our view, with regard to both primary and secondary legislation.
- 1 Macro Analysis/Global G7 reiterates support for SDR allocation and seeks to boost its impact
- 2 Strategy Note/Global G7's 'Build Back Better World' is not an answer to China's Belt and Road
- 3 Strategy Note/Vietnam Vietnam: The best emerging market is still spoilt by foreign ownership limits
- 4 Strategy Note/Global Egypt's military spend is not securing the Nile in its dispute with Ethiopia
- 5 Strategy Note/India India sues Twitter
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...