Primary Market Focus - Recent curve steepening makes BTP Nov22 attractive for extension trades
- On Wednesday, Italy will sell EUR 3-3.5bn of BTP 0% Nov22 and EUR 0.75-1.25bn of BTPei 0.4% May30, EUR 3.75-4.75bn in total. After the recent steepening, the 2Y area offers value relative to the 6M. Furthermore, BTP 0% Nov22 offers 1.5bp in pickup relative to the slightly longer BTP 0.05% Jan23.
- In recent weeks, BEs have risen significantly and the liquidity premium offered by BTPei has tightened to its lowest level in two years. The BE curve has flattened significantly, creating the case for maturity extension. We like BTPei May30 vs. BTPei May28.
- 1 Weekend Reading/Global Surf the money tsunami or drown? New index shows countries most ready for MMT
- 2 Macro Analysis/Global East African budgets: Policy shift brightens outlook in Kenya, Tanzania & Uganda
- 3 Strategy Note/India India sues Twitter
- 4 Sovereign Analysis/Laos Laos: Moment of reckoning for its eurobond
- 5 Sovereign Analysis/Suriname Suriname: Bondholders trigger termination clause – implications
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...