TOA Paint Thailand PCL: Positive surprise in all-time high core profit in 1Q21
- In line with our estimate but beat the consensus forecast
- TOA reported all-time high core profit of Bt615m in 1Q21
- We expect core profit growth of 10-15% YoY in 2Q21
A positive surprise to the market in 1Q21 new high core profit will drive share price rally. Short-term catalyst is consensus earnings upgrade flow. Valuations are compelling at a 2021 PER of 28.4x (cheaper at 26.9x excluding cash and near cash), 2SD below its long-term mean (at 37x) since IPO in 2017. Our BUY rating stands at a YE21 DCF derived-target price of Bt45 (6.6% WACC and 2% terminal growth.
In line with our estimate but beat the consensus forecast
TOA reported all-time high core profit of Bt615m in 1Q21, a jump of 21% YoY and 24% QoQ. Core profit was in tune with our expectation but 13% ahead of the street forecast. Including Bt55m net-gains of extra items, net profit was Bt670m, up 59% YoY and 36% QoQ.
- 1 Weekend Reading/El Salvador Why Facebook and CBDC could be real winners from El Salvador’s Bitcoin embrace
- 2 Macro Analysis/Global G7 reiterates support for SDR allocation and seeks to boost its impact
- 3 Strategy Note/Global G7's 'Build Back Better World' is not an answer to China's Belt and Road
- 4 Strategy Note/Vietnam Vietnam: The best emerging market is still spoilt by foreign ownership limits
- 5 Macro Analysis/Pakistan Pakistan's FY22 Federal Budget – Serious push on growth
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...