- 1Q21 bottom-line was in line with our estimate
- BEC posted NPAT of Bt139m for 1Q21
- The top-line dived by 20% YoY and 24% QoQ
After three years in the red, BEC’s bottom-line resumed being written in black ink for 2020. Earnings should build momentum through 2021, supported by a revenue recovery, lower costs, and business expansion tied to its content library. We also expect the return of Sorayuth Suthassanachinda to strengthen Channel 3. He comes back at the right time, we believe. BEC has already restructured its cost side. It now needs revenue growth. BUY!
1Q21 bottom-line was in line with our estimate
BEC posted NPAT of Bt139m for 1Q21, a YoY turnaround but down 43% QoQ. Excluding a Bt3m impairment (determined in accordance with TFRS9), core earnings would be Bt142m, a YoY turnaround but down 42% QoQ. The core profit was in line with our estimate but was 27% ahead of the consensus.
- 1 Weekend Reading/Global Surf the money tsunami or drown? New index shows countries most ready for MMT
- 2 Macro Analysis/Global East African budgets: Policy shift brightens outlook in Kenya, Tanzania & Uganda
- 3 Strategy Note/India India sues Twitter
- 4 Sovereign Analysis/Laos Laos: Moment of reckoning for its eurobond
- 5 Sovereign Analysis/Suriname Suriname: Bondholders trigger termination clause – implications
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...