- Net loss was in line with our estimate
- MAJOR reported a Bt120m net loss for 1Q21
- The top-line totaled Bt853m
MAJOR’s stock price has dived almost 25% from its March peak of Bt23.40 (our target price is Bt23). So there is currently 25% upside from the current market price to our target price. We think now is a good time to buy cinema on dips. Moreover, June has a big line-up of Hollywood blockbusters—F9, (the sequel to The Fate of the Furious, 2017), the ninth iteration in the main series (and the 10 full-length film) of the Fast & Furious franchise, is slated to screen. Our call shifts up (fast & furiously) from HOLD to TRADING BUY (no Tokyo Drift).
Net loss was in line with our estimate
MAJOR reported a Bt120m net loss for 1Q21, shallower by 53% YoY but a QoQ reversal from black ink for 4Q20. Stripping out an extra item—an expected credit loss of Bt9m—the core loss would be Bt111m, shallower by 57% YoY but a QoQ reversal. The net loss was in line with our estimate and the consensus expectation.
- 1 Strategy Note/Global Peru election: Leftist Castillo 'wins'– implications for bonds, equities, copper
- 2 Strategy Note/Vietnam The ultimate guide to Vietnam fintech
- 3 Macro Analysis/Global Central bank monetisation raises risk of inflation and currency crisis
- 4 Weekend Reading/El Salvador Why Facebook and CBDC could be real winners from El Salvador’s Bitcoin embrace
- 5 Strategy Note/Philippines Philippines after Duterte: 2022 presidential election hopefuls
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...