Star Media Group’s 1Q21 core net loss covered 93% of our full-year forecast, and 86% of consensus’. Print-based revenue plummeted sharply, it said. Star pinned the blame on the economy’s “softness” and the pandemic. We demur; Star’s print business is no longer tenable when digital portals are rife. We see three feasible prescriptions: have a holistic transformation, dabble in a consolidation, or take the company private.
- 1 Macro Analysis/Kazakhstan Kazakhstan: NBK keeps base rate on hold at 9%
- 2 Macro Analysis/Russia Russia: Retail sales rise 34.7% y/y in April on base effect, aboove expectations
- 3 Strategy Note/Global Peru election: Leftist Castillo 'wins'– implications for bonds, equities, copper
- 4 Strategy Note/Vietnam The ultimate guide to Vietnam fintech
- 5 Flash Report/Global El Salvador moves to make bitcoin legal tender; other countries may follow suit
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...