- Quarterly result recovery forecast in 2Q21 and strong 2H21outlook
- Value accretion in three recent deals becomes meaningful in 2022
- Building global plant-based food platform
Share price deserves rally ahead of quick strong earnings recovery seen in 2Q21 and growth of plant-based food business. We rolled investment horizon to a YE22 DCF-derived target price of Bt11.20 (7.6% WACC and 2.5% terminal growth). With high growth profile, PER is easing from 55.4x in 2021 to 48.3x in 2022. BUY!
Quarterly result recovery forecast in 2Q21 and strong 2H21outlook
A nadir quarterly result was seen in 1Q21. We preliminary forecast core profit growth of about 40-45% YoY and QoQ in 2Q21. Given stable SG&A expenses, record sales forecast in 2Q21 (a jump of about 60% YoY and 10% QoQ) will drive economies of scale benefits. All-time high sales in 2Q21 are driven by delayed shipments of ethnic sales (up QoQ by 10%), e-commerce sales given full quarter contribution of Prime Labs, functional product sales, and plant-based food. GM would sustain high QoQ at 32.5%, up 170bps YoY. In 2H21, performances are heading to high seasonality, as sales would increase by 30% YoY and 10% HoH. We expect record sales to continue in 3Q21 and 4Q21. Plant-based food business in UK is reaffirmed to turnaround in 2H21. Revenue from terpene flavored product and hemp is expected in 4Q21.
- 1 Strategy Note/Global Peru election: Leftist Castillo 'wins'– implications for bonds, equities, copper
- 2 Strategy Note/Vietnam The ultimate guide to Vietnam fintech
- 3 Macro Analysis/Global Central bank monetisation raises risk of inflation and currency crisis
- 4 Weekend Reading/El Salvador Why Facebook and CBDC could be real winners from El Salvador’s Bitcoin embrace
- 5 Strategy Note/Philippines Philippines after Duterte: 2022 presidential election hopefuls
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...