Clarksons newbuild price index inched up to 136 pts on 21 May 2021 (+5% yoy), surpassing average levels of FY18/FY19 (130 pts). DSME's backlog (c.US$19bn) growth should gain pace, given c.W4tr new orders from containers, WTIVs, Arctic LNGs and oil FPSOs by Jul 21. Following EEXI implementation in Nov 20, new adoption of Marine Pollution Treaty (MARPOL) from Jun 21 may propel replacement orders for shipyards. Reiterate Add. We raise our TP to W43,000, based on 0.28x EV/backlog multiple (10% discount vs. 0.31x peak during its ASP upcycle in FY04-07).
- 1 Macro Analysis/Global Central bank monetisation raises risk of inflation and currency crisis
- 2 Weekend Reading/El Salvador Why Facebook and CBDC could be real winners from El Salvador’s Bitcoin embrace
- 3 Flash Report/Uruguay dLocal: Strong post-IPO rally reaffirms EM digital payments infrastructure story
- 4 Strategy Note/Global G7's 'Build Back Better World' is not an answer to China's Belt and Road
- 5 Macro Analysis/Global G7 reiterates support for SDR allocation and seeks to boost its impact
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...