Based on past experience and anecdotal evidence of lax Covid-19 measures during Lebaran, there could be a spike in new cases over the coming days. The government has heightened measures, with testing and accelerated vaccinations, in anticipation of a potential spike post holidays. Market response should be muted unless the government imposes mobility restrictions, which could put banks and retail plays most at risk of a sell-off.
- 1 Macro Analysis/Kazakhstan Kazakhstan: NBK keeps base rate on hold at 9%
- 2 Macro Analysis/Russia Russia: Retail sales rise 34.7% y/y in April on base effect, aboove expectations
- 3 Strategy Note/Global Peru election: Leftist Castillo 'wins'– implications for bonds, equities, copper
- 4 Strategy Note/Vietnam The ultimate guide to Vietnam fintech
- 5 Flash Report/Global El Salvador moves to make bitcoin legal tender; other countries may follow suit
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...