ID : Consumer Staples - Overall - Inflation threat likely not felt equally
While the surge in soft commodity prices may have led to cost push inflation, we think the impact on Indonesia purchasing power may be more measured. The weak demand environment underpins our view that consumer staples’ GPM will decline by c.1.2% pts yoy as market share is favoured over margin. That said, companies with strong pricing power may fare relatively better. We prefer ICBP for its strong brand equity and MYOR for export recovery.
- 1 Macro Analysis/Global G7 reiterates support for SDR allocation and seeks to boost its impact
- 2 Strategy Note/Global G7's 'Build Back Better World' is not an answer to China's Belt and Road
- 3 Strategy Note/Vietnam Vietnam: The best emerging market is still spoilt by foreign ownership limits
- 4 Macro Analysis/Pakistan Pakistan's FY22 Federal Budget – Serious push on growth
- 5 Strategy Note/Global Egypt's military spend is not securing the Nile in its dispute with Ethiopia
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...