Recent investor feedback suggests a lot of interest in AIA’s China operations in Mar, given our estimate of a 35% yoy VONB growth for the month. We note AIA’s use of ‘excellent’ to describe its China performance in 1Q21. Historically, ‘excellent’ refers to an average VONB growth of 41%. Following 2020‘s ‘sub-optimal’ product mix, we see margins improving in 2021F. This bodes well for AIA China’s growth outperforming peers in 2Q21F. Reiterate Add. AIA remains our top pick of the sector, TP: HK$127.
- 1 Strategy Note/Global 10 best Emerging Market tech stocks in 2021 so far
- 2 Weekend Reading/Global Surf the money tsunami or drown? New index shows countries most ready for MMT
- 3 Flash Report/Asia Why the Baby Amazons that thrived in the pandemic have faltered in 2021
- 4 Strategy Note/India India sues Twitter
- 5 Strategy Note/Kenya Kenya 2022 election will be intensely competitive, not violently disruptive
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...