- Tender offer for INTUCH and ADVANC shares
- ADVANC’s tender offer price at Bt123/share is not justified
- INTUCH’s valuation deserves more than its tender offer price
Despite INTUCH’s recent price rally (close to the Bt65/share tender offer price,) we believe that its valuation should be higher than that tender price, given ADVANC’s long-term value from 5G and THCOM’s incremental value from its partnership with NT and the satellite orbital slot licenses. We reiterate our BUY on INTUCH, premised on its 2H21 core earnings recovery led by ADVANC.
Tender offer for INTUCH and ADVANC shares
On Apr 19, GULF’s BOD approved investment in all INTUCH’s shares through a conditional voluntary tender offer (excluding its current INTUCH holding of 18.93%) at Bt65/share price and/or through shares trading on the SET. In accordance with the Chain Principle, if the tender offer for INTUCH shares results in GULF holding 50% or more of INTUCH’s total voting rights, GULF will be deemed to have majority control in INTUCH (which holds a 40.45% stake in ADVANC and a 41.13% stake in THCOM) and will be obligated to make tender offers for all ADVANC and THCOM shares. The tender offer price of Bt122.86/share for ADVANC is based on INTUCH’s YE20 book value. INTUCH’s Bt65/share tender offer price is assumed to derive from the Net Asset Value by pegging with Friday’s closes—ADVANC (Bt168) and THCOM (Bt9.25)—in the absence of holding discount.
- 1 Weekend Reading/Global Surf the money tsunami or drown? New index shows countries most ready for MMT
- 2 Macro Analysis/Global East African budgets: Policy shift brightens outlook in Kenya, Tanzania & Uganda
- 3 Strategy Note/India India sues Twitter
- 4 Sovereign Analysis/Laos Laos: Moment of reckoning for its eurobond
- 5 Sovereign Analysis/Suriname Suriname: Bondholders trigger termination clause – implications
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...