FY21 adj. PBT was 7% ahead of expectations and 7% ahead of FY20, despite lockdowns. Gross margins were much stronger than expected. Vertu’s market-leading omni-channel strategy has supported sales and led to a very strong start to FY22E (sales +135% in March/April against lockdown comps). We increase FY22E PBT by 49%, allowing for some caution due to new car supply constraints. Vertu remains our top pick in the sector due to the track record, strength of management and balance sheet. Raise TP from 60p to 80p.
- 1 Weekend Reading/El Salvador Why Facebook and CBDC could be real winners from El Salvador’s Bitcoin embrace
- 2 Macro Analysis/Global G7 reiterates support for SDR allocation and seeks to boost its impact
- 3 Strategy Note/Vietnam Vietnam: The best emerging market is still spoilt by foreign ownership limits
- 4 Strategy Note/Global G7's 'Build Back Better World' is not an answer to China's Belt and Road
- 5 Macro Analysis/Pakistan Pakistan's FY22 Federal Budget – Serious push on growth
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...