Another hot company rings the opening bell in celebration of their IPO. But will investors be celebrating for years to come? Analysing thousands of IPOs across three developed markets yields five recommendations for providing attractive and sustained outperformance from IPO investments: 1) IPOs in the first two years after a bear market perform best, 2) The first 3 to 5 years after the IPO show the strongest growth, 3) Watch net margin declines as a trigger for lower earnings growth, 4) Newly listed companies go through a growth phase, then a reinvestment phase and a maturation phase, and 5) Share prices of UK IPOs perform much better on average than European or US counterparts.
- 1 Strategy Note/Global 10 best Emerging Market tech stocks in 2021 so far
- 2 Weekend Reading/Global Surf the money tsunami or drown? New index shows countries most ready for MMT
- 3 Flash Report/Asia Why the Baby Amazons that thrived in the pandemic have faltered in 2021
- 4 Strategy Note/India India sues Twitter
- 5 Strategy Note/Kenya Kenya 2022 election will be intensely competitive, not violently disruptive
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...