GB : Spire Healthcare - Big bid by Ramsay but won't be plain sailing
Australian listed Ramsay Healthcare has bid £2.40 per share for Spire. The deal is an all cash one and has been recommended by the Spire board. It also has irrevocable undertakings from 30.1% of shareholders (including the most obvious counter bidder Mediclinic). We do not think counter bids are likely as the price is too rich for PE and there are no obvious strategic bidders. Hence we think this is a good bid and should be acceptable to shareholders. But, there will be competition authority issues and getting the deal over the line will not be straight-forward. We would recommend investors lock-in gains if the shares close in on the bid price.
- 1 Strategy Note/Global 10 best Emerging Market tech stocks in 2021 so far
- 2 Weekend Reading/Global Surf the money tsunami or drown? New index shows countries most ready for MMT
- 3 Flash Report/Asia Why the Baby Amazons that thrived in the pandemic have faltered in 2021
- 4 Strategy Note/India India sues Twitter
- 5 Strategy Note/Kenya Kenya 2022 election will be intensely competitive, not violently disruptive
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...