We are bullish on the retail sector in the short-term and also on a one to two year view. UK households are sitting on an estimated c. £170bn of excess cash waiting to be spent as the phased re-opening has begun. We still see an exciting mix of opportunities across our coverage universe that can capitalise on this pent-up demand. These include: deep value and recovery plays, where market caps sit well below historic levels; long-term growth and structural winners, particularly those emerging from COVID-19 as stronger and better positioned businesses; and ‘re-opening’ trades set to enjoy a boost over the coming weeks and months.
- 1 Macro Analysis/Global G7 reiterates support for SDR allocation and seeks to boost its impact
- 2 Strategy Note/Global G7's 'Build Back Better World' is not an answer to China's Belt and Road
- 3 Strategy Note/Vietnam Vietnam: The best emerging market is still spoilt by foreign ownership limits
- 4 Strategy Note/Global Egypt's military spend is not securing the Nile in its dispute with Ethiopia
- 5 Strategy Note/India India sues Twitter
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...