- Profit was in line with our estimate
- TQM posted 1Q21 earnings of Bt202m
- Revenue totaled Bt829m, up by 2% YoY and 6% QoQ
We remain positive over TQM’s outlook. It should achieve strong 2021 earnings growth of 25% YoY to Bt880m through organic business growth and cost reductions yielded by the online platform (we assume a 2021 cost-of-sales/income ratio of 47.5%, down from 49.2% in 2020).
The possibility of additional insurance premium sales growth of Bt8-10bn from insurance brokers that TQM plans to acquire constitutes scope for upside of 6-8% to our 2021 earnings forecast.
Profit was in line with our estimate
TQM posted 1Q21 earnings of Bt202m, up by 12% YoY and 6% QoQ. The result was in line with our estimate (5% above the Bloomberg consensus). The 1Q21 profit comprises 23% of our full-year projection of Bt880m.
- 1 Strategy Note/Global Peru election: Leftist Castillo 'wins'– implications for bonds, equities, copper
- 2 Strategy Note/Vietnam The ultimate guide to Vietnam fintech
- 3 Macro Analysis/Global Central bank monetisation raises risk of inflation and currency crisis
- 4 Weekend Reading/El Salvador Why Facebook and CBDC could be real winners from El Salvador’s Bitcoin embrace
- 5 Strategy Note/Philippines Philippines after Duterte: 2022 presidential election hopefuls
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...