Bangkok Expressway & Metro PCL: Deep miss! An improvement expected for 2Q21
- Result missed our expectation and the consensus
- BEM reported 1Q21 net and core profits of Bt305m
- Sales slumped by 18% YoY and 14Q QoQ
BEM’s traffic and ridership should recover in 2H21, in tandem with the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines. Once vaccination progress is clear, the market should look ahead to normalization in 2022, at which point BEM’s stock will start rallying. BUY!
Result missed our expectation and the consensus
BEM reported 1Q21 net and core profits of Bt305m, down by 40% YoY and 46% QoQ. Those numbers were 27% short of our estimates (lower revenue than assumed) and 22% below the consensus.
- 1 Weekend Reading/El Salvador Why Facebook and CBDC could be real winners from El Salvador’s Bitcoin embrace
- 2 Macro Analysis/Global G7 reiterates support for SDR allocation and seeks to boost its impact
- 3 Strategy Note/Vietnam Vietnam: The best emerging market is still spoilt by foreign ownership limits
- 4 Strategy Note/Global G7's 'Build Back Better World' is not an answer to China's Belt and Road
- 5 Macro Analysis/Pakistan Pakistan's FY22 Federal Budget – Serious push on growth
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...