Covered Bond & Agency Monitor - From CPT to soft bullet (English version)
- Covered Bond market telegram: Modest issuance at the long end of the curve at record tight levels continued during last week. Secondary spread wise, Chart 2 on the right suggests slightly softer trading, as the absolute moves of below 0.5bp vs. one week ago are within a normal trading range.
- SSA market telegram: Supply in the SSA primary market was solid this week, although investor demand for new paper was rather low as a new EU SURE deal is expected next week. In the secondary market, the iBoxx Sub-Sovereigns index widened by 1.2bp on a weekly basis.
- Aegon switches to soft bullet: Aegon stated in a press release that it has set up a new soft-bullet covered bond program. Any new covered bond issuances are expected to take place under this program, instead of under the (old) conditional pass-through program. The switch to the soft-bullet structure brings a number of advantages for the issuer and follows a recent trend in the Netherlands.
- North Rhine-Westphalia presents updated sustainability bond framework: Yesterday, the State of North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW) presented its updated sustainability bond framework during a global investor call. A EUR-benchmark transaction is planned to follow shortly.
- Earnings in brief: The 1Q21 earnings season continues. We provide a brief overview of the results of covered bond issuers. For more details, please refer to the respective Daily Credit Briefing.
- 1 Weekend Reading/El Salvador Why Facebook and CBDC could be real winners from El Salvador’s Bitcoin embrace
- 2 Macro Analysis/Global G7 reiterates support for SDR allocation and seeks to boost its impact
- 3 Strategy Note/Vietnam Vietnam: The best emerging market is still spoilt by foreign ownership limits
- 4 Strategy Note/Global G7's 'Build Back Better World' is not an answer to China's Belt and Road
- 5 Macro Analysis/Pakistan Pakistan's FY22 Federal Budget – Serious push on growth
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...