Coronavirus: extreme population density inhibits social distancing in some FM-EM
- Social distancing: the global (ex-UK) response to Coronavirus, eg Philippines locking down Luzon (half its population)
- Will this work in the much more densely populated cities of some FM and EM countries (not China) compared to developed?
- Bangladesh, Colombia, Egypt, India, Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Vietnam: over 10,000 people/ sq km in cities
- 1 Macro Analysis/Kazakhstan Kazakhstan: NBK keeps base rate on hold at 9%
- 2 Macro Analysis/Russia Russia: Retail sales rise 34.7% y/y in April on base effect, aboove expectations
- 3 Strategy Note/Global Peru election: Leftist Castillo 'wins'– implications for bonds, equities, copper
- 4 Strategy Note/Vietnam The ultimate guide to Vietnam fintech
- 5 Flash Report/Global El Salvador moves to make bitcoin legal tender; other countries may follow suit
This report is independent investment research as contemplated by COBS 12.2 of the FCA Handbook and is a research recommendation under COBS 12.4 of the FCA Handbook. Where it is not technically a res...