China challengers in manufacturing with low cost labour (in one chart)
- For manufacturing activities not easily replaced by automation or 3D printing, which countries win share from China?
- Low wages and scale matter most in this segment: We plot wage curve up to China in countries with over 40mn population
- Labour flexibility, logistics, tariffs, competitive currency, ethics obviously matter as well for manufacturing location
- 1 Flash Report/Global Lebanon: H1 bank results throw a spotlight on an economy in freefall
- 2 Weekend Reading/Global Offshoring to accelerate post-Covid: Our new index shows the EMs set to benefit
- 3 Strategy Note/Global Turkey can't avoid conflict and can't afford war
- 4 Strategy Note/Global Emerging-Frontier Equity Monthly, September: EM Tech and FM outperform
- 5 Strategy Note/Kuwait Kuwait’s crown passes to 83-year-old successor amid fiscal challenges
This report is independent investment research as contemplated by COBS 12.2 of the FCA Handbook and is a research recommendation under COBS 12.4 of the FCA Handbook. Where it is not technically a res...