- Impressive SSS forecast
- Second-best quarter result forecast in 2Q21
- Scope for earnings upside
We expect a sharp share price rally by 10-15% ahead of its second-best quarterly earnings forecast in 2Q21 (superior growth YoY). A positive surprise in performance will push GLOBAL to bullish valuations at a 2021 PER of 38x (1SD above its long-term mean) or share price beyond Bt23.60 back up by profit upside. We have upgraded to BUY (from HOLD), aYE21 DCF target price of Bt24.
Impressive SSS forecast
Same-Store-Sales (SSS) can expect historically strongest quarter in 2Q21 with at least 30% growth YoY boosted by the combination of low base set in 2Q20 (negative SSS of 20% YoY due to full lockdown in Thailand) and strong demand in upcountry Thailand (about 90% of GLOBAL’s sales). Looking ahead, GLOBAL should sustain SSSG YoY in 3Q21 and 4Q21 given negative SSS of 5.6% YoY in 3Q20 and 3.1% in 4Q20. At our most conservative estimate, we see low single-digit SSSG YoY in 2H21. GLOBAL is likely to reach SSSG of 11.5% in 2021, beating our model of 10.0% and turnaround from 9.0% decline in 2020.
- 1 Strategy Note/Global Peru election: Leftist Castillo 'wins'– implications for bonds, equities, copper
- 2 Strategy Note/Vietnam The ultimate guide to Vietnam fintech
- 3 Macro Analysis/Global Central bank monetisation raises risk of inflation and currency crisis
- 4 Weekend Reading/El Salvador Why Facebook and CBDC could be real winners from El Salvador’s Bitcoin embrace
- 5 Strategy Note/Philippines Philippines after Duterte: 2022 presidential election hopefuls
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...