- New record core earnings!
- GULF reported a 1Q21 net profit of Bt1,632m
- Revenue increased by 15% YoY but dipped 3% QoQ
The recent share price dip (tied to GULF announcing plans to make a tender offer for INTUCH) opens an opportunity to BUY at a discount. Should GULF’s tender offer be successful, INTUCH would contribute huge cashflows and profits and make for a more diverse revenue base. There are many other opportunities for GULF in infrastructure (power, transport, and telecoms). Moreover, Vietnam should publish its PDP8 soon; we expect it to generate positive sentiment toward GULF, due to the potential for new investments. BUY!
New record core earnings!
GULF reported a 1Q21 net profit of Bt1,632m, a YoY turnaround but down 11% QoQ. NPAT was 21% ahead of our estimate (higher equity earnings and lighter SG&A expenses than assumed). Stripping out FX losses, core earnings would be Bt2,336m, up by 153% YoY and 88% QoQ—a new record. The core number beat our estimate by 14% (higher equity earnings and lighter SG&A expenses than assumed).
- 1 Strategy Note/Global Peru election: Leftist Castillo 'wins'– implications for bonds, equities, copper
- 2 Strategy Note/Vietnam The ultimate guide to Vietnam fintech
- 3 Macro Analysis/Global Central bank monetisation raises risk of inflation and currency crisis
- 4 Weekend Reading/El Salvador Why Facebook and CBDC could be real winners from El Salvador’s Bitcoin embrace
- 5 Strategy Note/Philippines Philippines after Duterte: 2022 presidential election hopefuls
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...