- Inflation and rise in Covid cases dampened market sentiment
- Russia set for growth as Brent hits a two-year high above $70
- Mixed trends AGRO and AFLT outperformers
Inflation and rise in Covid cases dampened market sentiment: Inflation fears again weighed down on the stock markets yesterday and sovereign bond yields climbed. A rise in Covid cases in many parts of the world also triggered a cautious mood. Weaker commodity prices created a down-draught for Russian equities and capped gains – RTSI (+0.2% @ 1,542) and IMOEX (+0.1% @ 3,639). The ruble pared losses to close stronger for a third session (+0.1% @ 73.75). Oil prices were in a sideways pattern but closed with strength (Brent +1.1% @ 69.49).
Russia set for growth as Brent hits a two-year high above $70: We expect Russian equities and the ruble to surge higher today supported by an improvement in global sentiment, the easing of geopolitical risk a strong ruble and a higher oil price. Brent has moved above $70 per barrel to trade at a two-year high. We anticipate a broad rally in Russian equities across all sectors.
Rosstat has reported GDP contraction of 1% y/y in 1Q21 – NEUTRAL
PhosAgro 1Q21 IFRS preview: strong quarter anticipated with record EBITDA expected in 2Q21e
RusAgro reports strong 1Q21 IFRS numbers, sugar market imbalance is unlikely to ease anytime soon providing for a continued strong price environment – POSITIVE
- 1 Strategy Note/Global 10 best Emerging Market tech stocks in 2021 so far
- 2 Weekend Reading/Global Surf the money tsunami or drown? New index shows countries most ready for MMT
- 3 Flash Report/Asia Why the Baby Amazons that thrived in the pandemic have faltered in 2021
- 4 Strategy Note/India India sues Twitter
- 5 Strategy Note/Kenya Kenya 2022 election will be intensely competitive, not violently disruptive
The contents of this document have been prepared by Joint Stock Company “Alfa-Bank” ("Alfa Bank") as Investment Research within the meaning of Article 36 of Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2017/5...