- Smaller FX loss than assumed
- BGRIM announced 1Q21 net earnings of Bt611m
- Revenue declined 7% YoY but was flattish QoQ
Assuming no deep Ft rate cut, BGRIM’s core earnings can be expected to grow robustly. Moreover, Vietnam’s energy planners should publish that country’s PDP8 soon. If it opens new investment opportunities for BGRIM, we would expect the stock to rally.
Smaller FX loss than assumed
BGRIM announced 1Q21 net earnings of Bt611m, up by 657% YoY and 6% QoQ. The reported number was 42% ahead of our estimate (a smaller FX loss than assumed) but was in line with the street. Stripping out extra items, core profit would be Bt646m, down 5% YoY but up 25% QoQ. The core number was in line with our projection and the consensus.
- 1 Weekend Reading/Global Surf the money tsunami or drown? New index shows countries most ready for MMT
- 2 Macro Analysis/Global East African budgets: Policy shift brightens outlook in Kenya, Tanzania & Uganda
- 3 Strategy Note/India India sues Twitter
- 4 Sovereign Analysis/Laos Laos: Moment of reckoning for its eurobond
- 5 Sovereign Analysis/Suriname Suriname: Bondholders trigger termination clause – implications
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...