- 4M 2021 net sales reached VND40.4tn (US$1.7bn, +9% yoy) while NPAT jumped to VND1.7tn (US$72.9mn, +26% yoy)
- TGDD & DMX accumulated revenue of cVND32.4tn (US$1.4bn), increasing 4% yoy mainly on the back of a low comparative base
- Upside potential from BHX’s labour productivity enhancement initiative will be a catalyst; Buy
4M 2021 net sales reached VND40.4tn (US$1.7bn, +9% yoy) while NPAT jumped to VND1.7tn (US$72.9mn, +26% yoy), completing 32% and 34% of our full-year forecast, respectively, relatively in line with our expectations.
TGDD & DMX accumulated revenue of cVND32.4tn (US$1.4bn), increasing 4% yoy mainly on the back of a low comparative base from last Aril when social distancing measures impacted its physical stores.
BHX accumulated revenue maintained its robust growth of 31% yoy, owing to significant contribution from new stores in mid-2020. Estimated sales per store in April improved by 7% mom to VND1.2bn.
The 15-day social distancing measures announced in HCMC, which includes closure of electronics stores, will definitely hurt TGDD and DMX sales, but we believe the magnitude will not be as severe as last April.
The ongoing pandemic made worse by Covid variants poses larger-than-expected downside risk to our forecast. While our current forecast and the TP of VND184,000 are under review owing to this risk, upside potential from BHX’s labour productivity enhancement initiative will be a catalyst worth noting.
- 1 Macro Analysis/Global Central bank monetisation raises risk of inflation and currency crisis
- 2 Weekend Reading/El Salvador Why Facebook and CBDC could be real winners from El Salvador’s Bitcoin embrace
- 3 Flash Report/Uruguay dLocal: Strong post-IPO rally reaffirms EM digital payments infrastructure story
- 4 Strategy Note/Global G7's 'Build Back Better World' is not an answer to China's Belt and Road
- 5 Macro Analysis/Global G7 reiterates support for SDR allocation and seeks to boost its impact
This report is prepared in order to provide information and analysis to clients of Rong Viet Securities only. It is and should not be construed as an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to pur...