2020 Saudi Equity Strategy
We expect 2020 to be a more positive year for the Saudi economy, with stronger growth driven by the non-oil sector as a result of progress on the Vision Realisation Programs (VRPs) and the domestic investment of the proceeds of the Saudi Aramco IPO. OPEC+ aiming to create equilibrium between oil supply and demand should ensure stability for government oil revenues in 2020. Nonetheless Saudi’s commitment to OPEC+ is expected to impact Saudi oil GDP. Upside could potentially come from further progress on the US/China trade negotiations, with a positive outcome boosting global GDP growth and hence oil demand.
We believe consumer sentiment is improving, supported by the overall trends of economic recovery. We expect higher consumer spending as a result of the extension of cost of living allowances and additional entertainment options. Moreover, lower interest rates are expected to support overall loan growth and overall earnings of banks. Execution of VRPs, progress on Mega Projects and Ministry of Housing initiatives should support the construction sector. We do not envisage any new taxes in 2020.
- 1 Global Themes/Global Want exposure to booming EM digital payments? Consider these 10 listed names
- 2 Strategy Note/Global Corruption: The ugly truth for EM and ESG investors
- 3 Sovereign Analysis/Lebanon Lebanon: At the precipice as leaders pass the buck
- 4 Strategy Note/Global Emerging and Frontier: Way behind Developed on Buffet Indicator (in one chart)
- 5 Sovereign Analysis/Ecuador Ecuador: Government announces agreement in principle on bond restructuring
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not cons...