Land & Houses PCL: 1Q21 result as expected; Looking to YoY profit jump for 2Q21
- Core earnings were in line with our estimate and the street
- LH reported a net profit of Bt1.74bn for 1Q21
- The YoY core earnings growth was led by residential sales and a fatter residential GM
LH looks good for a mid- to long-term investment horizon. It trades at an inexpensive 2021 core PER of 12.2x, below its 2006-20 mean of 13.7x, and its assumed dividend payout implies a great yield of 7.1% (two payouts/year). Our BUY rating stands to a YE21 SOTP-derived target price of Bt10 (a residential PER of 12.5x and Bt5/share of investment value, a 10% discount to market value).
Core earnings were in line with our estimate and the street
LH reported a net profit of Bt1.74bn for 1Q21, up 29% YoY but down 26% QoQ. Excluding an Bt83m net-of-tax gain from the reversal of a legal provision and a Bt12m FX-hedging loss, core earnings would be Bt1.67bn, up 9% YoY but down 16% QoQ, in line with our estimate and the consensus.
- 1 Weekend Reading/El Salvador Why Facebook and CBDC could be real winners from El Salvador’s Bitcoin embrace
- 2 Macro Analysis/Global G7 reiterates support for SDR allocation and seeks to boost its impact
- 3 Strategy Note/Global G7's 'Build Back Better World' is not an answer to China's Belt and Road
- 4 Strategy Note/Vietnam Vietnam: The best emerging market is still spoilt by foreign ownership limits
- 5 Macro Analysis/Pakistan Pakistan's FY22 Federal Budget – Serious push on growth
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...