- In line
- AU posted core profit of Bt12m in 1Q21
- AU should be able to run slight profit in 2Q21
Share price is at good entry level because of 1) a sharp price correction (down 21% from its peak at Bt12.80 on March 11, 2021, a pre-new wave of COVID-19 pandemic in Thailand), 2) near Bt10 of which the acquisition cost by strategic partner, BTS group (6.6% stake in AU), and 3) bargain valuations at a 2021 PER of 53.9x, 0.5SD below its long-term mean. AU will quickly resume business after COVID-19 easing in Thailand due to no debt concerns. We maintain BUY rating at a YE21 target price of Bt14.40 (pegged to 0.5SD above its mean PER).)
AU posted core profit of Bt12m in 1Q21, down 13% YoY (from Bt13m in 1Q20) and 29% QoQ (from Bt14m in 4Q20). The result was in line with our estimate of Bt14m (no consensus forecast).
- 1 Macro Analysis/Global Central bank monetisation raises risk of inflation and currency crisis
- 2 Weekend Reading/El Salvador Why Facebook and CBDC could be real winners from El Salvador’s Bitcoin embrace
- 3 Flash Report/Uruguay dLocal: Strong post-IPO rally reaffirms EM digital payments infrastructure story
- 4 Strategy Note/Global G7's 'Build Back Better World' is not an answer to China's Belt and Road
- 5 Macro Analysis/Global G7 reiterates support for SDR allocation and seeks to boost its impact
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...