Sansiri PCL: 1Q21 miss (both us and the street); new exciting story going forward
- Result below estimation
- SIRI reported NPAT of Bt384m for 1Q21
- The YoY core turnaround was led by sales and GM expansion
We expect SIRI’s stock price to rally on excitement over its new investment. Once XPG’s capital increases are complete, the cost for SIRI’s 15% stake will be Bt1.7/share, below the implied fully-diluted market value of XPG of Bt2.07/share (extrapolated from XPG’s May 14 pre-recap price of Bt5.20). We will revisit our model and call. Till then, our YE21 target price is Bt0.85.
Result below estimation
SIRI reported NPAT of Bt384m for 1Q21. Excluding a Bt7m reversal of a project impairment, core earnings would be Bt377m, a YoY turn-around from the 1Q20 core loss of Bt51m but down 33% QoQ. The core result was 17% below our estimate (18% higher interest expenses and 75% lower equity income than assumed) and 21% short of the street.
- 1 Weekend Reading/Global Surf the money tsunami or drown? New index shows countries most ready for MMT
- 2 Macro Analysis/Global East African budgets: Policy shift brightens outlook in Kenya, Tanzania & Uganda
- 3 Strategy Note/India India sues Twitter
- 4 Sovereign Analysis/Laos Laos: Moment of reckoning for its eurobond
- 5 Sovereign Analysis/Suriname Suriname: Bondholders trigger termination clause – implications
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...