- Below estimate
- BANPU reported a 1Q21 net profit of Bt1,535m
- Sales increased by 12% YoY and 10% QoQ
The improving outlooks for 2Q21 and 2021 should push up the share price going forward. BANPU’s current valuation is undemanding—a YE21 PBV of 0.9x (0.5SD below its long-term mean of 1.2x). And there’s scope for upside to its long-term earnings profile from potential new investments in smart energy businesses (BanpuNEXT).
BANPU reported a 1Q21 net profit of Bt1,535m, down 10% YoY but a QoQ turnaround. Stripping out extra items, core earnings would be Bt756m, a YoY turnaround and up 3,040% QoQ. The result was somewhat below our estimate, due to weaker performances by the coal and gas businesses than expected (it was also 5% below the consensus).
- 1 Strategy Note/Global 10 best Emerging Market tech stocks in 2021 so far
- 2 Weekend Reading/Global Surf the money tsunami or drown? New index shows countries most ready for MMT
- 3 Flash Report/Asia Why the Baby Amazons that thrived in the pandemic have faltered in 2021
- 4 Strategy Note/India India sues Twitter
- 5 Strategy Note/Kenya Kenya 2022 election will be intensely competitive, not violently disruptive
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...