Global Green Chemicals PCL: 1Q21 earnings miss; better 2Q21 profit already priced in
- Below estimate
- GGC posted a 1Q21 net profit of Bt94m
- GGC’s 2Q21 core earnings should rise YoY and QoQ
GGC’s recent share price rally—it currently trades at a 2021 PBV of 1.2x, its historical mean—has already priced in expectations of a core profit improvement for 2Q21, we believe. Moreover, the downsized 2021 earnings outlook is uninspiring. We think it’s time to lock in profits. Hence, our call shifts down from BUY to HOLD.
GGC posted a 1Q21 net profit of Bt94m, down by 61% YoY and 83% QoQ. Stripping out extra items, core earnings would be Bt33m, down by 75% YoY and 62% QoQ. The result was 23% below our projection, due to a deeper loss at the FA biz than expected (but was in line with the consensus).
- 1 Macro Analysis/Kazakhstan Kazakhstan: NBK keeps base rate on hold at 9%
- 2 Macro Analysis/Russia Russia: Retail sales rise 34.7% y/y in April on base effect, aboove expectations
- 3 Strategy Note/Global Peru election: Leftist Castillo 'wins'– implications for bonds, equities, copper
- 4 Strategy Note/Vietnam The ultimate guide to Vietnam fintech
- 5 Flash Report/Global El Salvador moves to make bitcoin legal tender; other countries may follow suit
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...