- Earnings exceeded the consensus
- KCE posted a 1Q21 bottom-line of Bt503m
- Revenue totaled Bt3.4bn, up 5% YoY but flattish QoQ
KCE’s stock price typically reacts to takeaways from analyst meetings. Its 1Q21 post-result analyst meeting will be held this afternoon (May 12). Predicting what management will tell the audience can point to a trading play. We think KCE will tell analysts about ongoing recovery signs for 2Q21 and 2021. However, our focus will be on any information we can glean regarding how the global semiconductor shortage and the sharply higher copper price may affect business.
Earnings exceeded the consensus
KCE posted a 1Q21 bottom-line of Bt503m, up by 19% YoY and 32% QoQ. Excluding an FX gain, core profit would be Bt430m, up 24% YoY (flattish QoQ). The bottom-line was 16% above with our expectation and 24% better than the street estimate. Core profit was in line with our estimate (and 12% ahead of the consensus). The firm announced the purchase of 67 rai of land in Rojana Industrial Park for Bt221m.
- 1 Macro Analysis/Global G7 reiterates support for SDR allocation and seeks to boost its impact
- 2 Strategy Note/Global G7's 'Build Back Better World' is not an answer to China's Belt and Road
- 3 Strategy Note/Vietnam Vietnam: The best emerging market is still spoilt by foreign ownership limits
- 4 Macro Analysis/Pakistan Pakistan's FY22 Federal Budget – Serious push on growth
- 5 Strategy Note/Global Egypt's military spend is not securing the Nile in its dispute with Ethiopia
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...