- 1Q21 core profit above expectation
- SVI posted a 1Q21 bottom-line of Bt148m
- Revenue totaled Bt3.5bn, up 8% YoY but down 6% QoQ
SVI’s valuation is now in expensive territory—a 2021 PER of 21x (3SDs above its mean), while we forecast 2021 core earnings growth of only 4% YoY. Moreover, the global semiconductor shortage constitutes a substantial risk to SVI’s orderbook. Our HOLD rating stands.
1Q21 core profit above expectation
SVI posted a 1Q21 bottom-line of Bt148m, down 35% YoY but up 45% QoQ. Stripping out a Bt27m FX gain, core earnings would be Bt121m, up by 81% YoY and 12% QoQ. The core number was 30% above our estimate and 44% ahead of the consensus, due to lower SG&A expenses than we had modeled and a tax credit (we had assumed tax expenses).
- 1 Weekend Reading/Global Surf the money tsunami or drown? New index shows countries most ready for MMT
- 2 Macro Analysis/Global East African budgets: Policy shift brightens outlook in Kenya, Tanzania & Uganda
- 3 Strategy Note/India India sues Twitter
- 4 Sovereign Analysis/Laos Laos: Moment of reckoning for its eurobond
- 5 Sovereign Analysis/Suriname Suriname: Bondholders trigger termination clause – implications
This publication is being distributed by Tellimer solely for information purposes irrespective of a particular user's means, financial situation or investment objectives. The information does not con...